"I Calls Em Like I Sees Em!"

Apr 27, 2009

Bea Arthur Dies At Age 86


Bea Arthur who played my favorite character on the Golden Girls (Dorothy) passed away over the weekend. Apparently she had been battling cancer for some time. She died early Saturday morning in her home with her family. Arthur was probably best known for her roles on Maude & The Golden Girls which is still one of my favorite shows. Dorothy had the wit that won't quit & I actually named my car after that character when I got it...Dorothy, the silver fox! Estelle Getty who played her mother Sophia on the show recently died as well so I guess they can sit & eat cheesecake in heaven now. Bea Arthur will definitely be missed, women like her are hard to find...funny, witty, sarcastic, straight faced & those were only the qualities she possessed in the public eye, I'm sure she was a great woman when it came to her family & friends & will be missed by them very much. Click here for the full article from people.com.
photo courtesy wire image
Bookmark and Share

No comments: