"I Calls Em Like I Sees Em!"

Jun 3, 2010

Rue McClanahan dies at age 76

Rue McClanahan passed away from a major stroke at 1 am today, in the past she also battled Cancer & had heart bypass surgery last year.  Rue is best known for her role on The Golden Girls as the sex crazed man eating southern belle from Atlanta, Blanche Devereaux.  I don't know about you guys but The Golden Girls has been a huge part of my life since the show first aired & losing these women is such a tragedy.  Betty White is now the last Golden Girl left standing since we lost Bea Arthur just over a year ago and Estelle Getty just over 2 years ago.  As my friend Adam said & I totally agree Blanche was the original Samantha Jones & as much as I love me some Samantha she could never compare to Blanche!!  Rue will definitely be missed and my heart goes out to her family & friends & especially to Betty White.  Long live The Golden Girls & long live Blanche Devereaux!!


 Bookmark and Share

No comments: