"I Calls Em Like I Sees Em!"

Oct 5, 2010

The Kids are All Right

The girls went & saw this movie on Saturday night & I had been wanting to see it, thought it looked great & had such an awesome cast (Annette Benning, Julianne Moore, Mark Ruffalo) but then I totally forgot about it so I was super happy to find out that the gals were seeing it.  We went out to the Main in Royal Oak for this one as it's not showing at "regular" theaters which is probably why I forgot about it.  

Anyway, the basic synopsis is 2 lesbians who used the sperm of the same man (via sperm bank) to both get pregnant & now the kids are grown, daughter is off to college soon & son is 15.  The son wants to know who his dad is so he asks his sister to find out since she's now 18 & legally can look into it so she does & the father is Ruffalo & he still lives close by so they go & meet him.  When the moms find out about it they aren't the happiest but do what they can to welcome this turn of events & this change to their family dynamic.  The moms, the kids, and the donor all have to figure out how to coexist & of course run into road blocks but along the way this movie is freaking hilarious!  It's not solely a comedy but it's a great balance of heart & humor & I highly suggest this movie to everyone though your basic homophobic guys won't like it & the pervs...well, there's no major girl on girl action so don't expect it.  I would totally give this movie 3.5 out of 4 olives!!
 Bookmark and Share

No comments: