"I Calls Em Like I Sees Em!"

Jan 21, 2010

"Hope For Haiti Now" Benefit


Hey hey everyone, I just wanted to send a note about the telethon for Haiti that will be on tomorrow at 8 PM EST.  This telethon seems to be airing on most channels, even the cable channels which I think is a good thing though I'll bet the SOAPnet regulars are going to be furious to find out that their Friday PM airing of General Hospital is being preempted.  Anyway, the telethon has an amazing lineup of performances including Beyonce, Madonna, Jay-Z, Justin Timberlake, Stevie Wonder...the goes on and on and not only will you be able to see these performances you will also be able to purchase them on iTunes to help donate to the cause.  If you don't really care for celebrity driven telethons or don't have a TV or iTunes you can still make donations other ways, beginning at Noon on Friday the 22nd EST:

Online - www.hopeforhaitinow.org
Phone - 877-99-HAITI (42484)
Text - Text "GIVE"  to 50555
Mail - Hope For Haiti Now Fund, Entertainment Industry Foundation,
          1201 West 5th Street, Suite T-700, Los Angeles, CA 90017

For the full lineup & all the information regarding the telethon (including all the networks airing it) check out this site.  I don't know about you guys but I made a $5 donation as that's about all I could afford when the earthquake happened & I'm hoping that I'm able to donate more...even if it's only from buying iTunes tracks.  I would also like to mention that on Sunday the 24th all purchases made on Lady Gaga's website as well as every penny made from her concert in NYC that night will all go to the relief efforts in Haiti as well so if you've been thinking about picking up one of her albums why not pay a couple extra bucks on her site & grab it...you'll do yourself a favor & help others in need too!
Photo courtesy cnn.com


Bookmark and Share

No comments: