"I Calls Em Like I Sees Em!"

Jan 11, 2010

Movies as of late


So due to the lack of TV currently I've been renting movies as often as possible and I checked out 3 in the last 2 weeks.

First up was The Goods with Jeremy Piven & it was so freaking funny I loved it.  Now, not everyone would find this funny but I did.  If you enjoyed movies like Talledega Nights & Napoleon Dynamite then you will likely love this one too.  I was dying laughing within the first 5 minutes of the movie when the old guy starts off on this rant.  I think my favorite character in the movie was a toss up between Babs & the DJ but you'll have to check it out yourself to see why.

Next I checked out I Want Someone To Eat Cheese With & it was pretty boring.  I figured that since Sarah Silverman was in it there was a good chance it would be funny and really it was kind of sad.  It started off kind of funny or at least with the glimmer that it might get funny & other than a couple laughs it was pretty blah.  It had a good cast but that was about it so I wouldn't recommend this one...unless you're watching it for free on cable & then it wouldn't be so bad.

Last & best was 500 Days of Summer which wasn't what I expected & I really enjoyed it.  Personally I prefer movies that show me the truth rather than filling me with all of this "maybe that will happen for me" bull shit because it's just a big fat lie. I saw so many things in this movie that actually pointed to reality and it ended in reality which I think is why I really truly enjoyed this one.  I didn't have that "I want that" feeling when it ended I had the "man, I've been there" feeling & that was great.  I definitely suggest checking this one out if you haven't already!  Oh, I should also mention that this one has a great soundtrack.
Bookmark and Share

No comments: