"I Calls Em Like I Sees Em!"

May 21, 2008

New Addiction

Dexter
Ok so now that I have finished watching the most recent seasons of The L Word & Weeds & since everything else is done for the season I've decided to take up Dexter. I watched the series premiere last night via OnDemand (one of the best inventions next to DVR) and within the first 10 minutes I was hooked. Dexter is a very smart, interesting, dark drama and Michael C. Hall plays his character (Dexter) perfectly. I was a fan of Six Feet Under & I really enjoyed Hall on that show but his character here is so different, not just because he's straight but he's a serial killer rather than a mortician. Now Dexter isn't your typical serial killer, he works for the forensics department in Miami, FL & he has a creepy appreciation for blood. Dex has had his desires to kill since he was a kid, killing neighborhood dogs & other animals to satisfy his cravings. He is a foster kid & his father (who was a police officer in Miami) was aware of his "needs" and he was the one to suggest to Dex that he should kill those who deserve it, people like child molesters, other serial killers, people of the such & what a better way to figure out who to kill than using all of his resources at work!! Dexter has a younger sister (not a foster kid) who also works for the police department in Miami & he has a girlfriend too, but Dexter doesn't really care for sex or really have any emotional attachment to anything or anyone. He doesn't really have feelings which comes in very handy with his killing. What I find most interesting about Dex is that he keeps a drop of blood on a slide from all of his victims, as a keepsake, awwww. The show is based upon a series of novels by Jeff Lindsay which I haven't read but just watching the first episode made me think that a book was probably where this all started due to its twisted nature. So, if you are a fan of weird, interesting, dark & smart television I highly recommend that you check it out. You can rent it at Blockbuster, watch it OnDemand via Showtime or you can catch it on CBS (edited) so check your local listings & enjoy!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa and I are absolutely obsessed with Dexter. Both seasons are fantastic, and we can't wait for season 3. I don't think his sister is a foster kid though. I'll have to re-watch some of the first season to be sure. If you like Dexter, you should check out a show called Breaking Bad on AMC.

DVR Slave said...

You know, I wanted to watch Breaking Bad but it was on against something else I watched so I didn't get to see it. I know they have been showing it on reruns so I need to DVR it & check it out! I'm pretty sure you are right that she isnt a foster kid, I think I worded things wrong. Thanks!