"I Calls Em Like I Sees Em!"

May 19, 2008

Weekend Viewing

Television:
Ok so I watched the finale of Desperate Housewives last night & I don’t remember reading it anywhere but was that the last episode period? There really is no reason for a next season since there was no cliffhanger at all. I mean, we see that Gabby turns into a Lynette & has kids, gains weight & dresses like a housewife. Surprise surprise, Bree is some famous chef of sorts or at least she has a best selling book so I’m guessing she’s the next Martha Stewart, and is back with Orson. Susan is with someone else other than Mike (no big surprise there) so she did name her baby Maynard for no reason! Lynette’s kids are even worse now that they are older, getting arrested & God knows what else, she looks good though. So, I guess I don’t understand what the point of another season would be, we got to see where they land so honestly, who cares how they get there?

I also finally made it to the season 5 finale of The L Word & it was a great final episode. So many hurtful and awful things happened & I can’t wait to see what comes of all of it in the final season. I became addicted to this show after 1 episode, that’s all it took to get sucked into the drama of these women’s lives. Shane is by far my favorite character on the show & she made a really really poor decision in the finale & even though she isn’t faithful to her partners I never expected her to be unfaithful to her best friend, that was unforgivable. Jodi really pulled out all the stops letting Bette know how she really feels about her & in front of all of her colleagues, friends, & strangers as well…it was hard to watch so I can’t even imagine how it would have felt. I’m not going to go into it any more because if you don’t watch the show you have no idea what I’m talking about but if you are ever in the mood for a good drama about the lives of lesbians then I highly recommend The L Word, it’s addictive, dramatic, funny, sad, sexy, and very involved so once you are in, you are in & you aren’t getting out until the series ends, which it will after the next season & I’m pretty bummed about that.

Weekend Movie:A Mighty Heart

This movie starred the crazy sexy Angelina Jolie as Mariane Pearl who is a journalist & the wife of Daniel (Danny) Pearl who was the WSJ journalist that was beheaded by "terrorists" & video taped, I'm sure you are all very aware of the video that I'm talking about. Anyway, the movie was hard to follow as there were many moments that people were speaking a foreign language & subtitles weren't displayed. There were so many people in the movie & it just kept moving all over the place which made it more hard to follow. First they are looking for this guy & then they find that guy who gives them leads to other guys & then these groups are all over the place arresting people left & right & questioning them. Most of the leads go nowhere especially once it is discovered that the "interview" Danny was to be conducting was never real, the whole thing was a scam to lure Danny in so he could be murdered. This group believed him to be a member of the CIA or so they said & they had all kinds of demands for the US in order to get them to let him go. The US obviously couldn't meet their demands (which were never stated in the movie) and he was murdered, after stating that he was Jewish (which didn't help either). I got weepy but didn't cry, the story was very sad because it was true but the movie really wasn't that great. I honestly think they should have gotten a more bi-racial woman to play the role since Ang is so white. All kinds of people were pissed over her wearing brown face for this movie but I didn't see it...girl was WHITE. I mean, they were in the middle east, I would expect a tan & I didn't even see that, let alone brown face. There were a ton of other characters in the movie & though we are told who they are we really have no idea who they are if that makes sense. At the end of the movie we are told what has come of everyone who was involved & I thought to myself "I don't even know why they were involved to begin with, why would I need to know where they are now" and might I say that the Sheraton in Karachi is pretty freaking nice for a hotel in the freaking middle east. The lobby was super plush, very retro LA looking...totally looked like somewhere that I would stay & to my knowledge things aren't like that there, it's not exactly a vacation hot spot, but I could be wrong. My biggest complaint with the whole thing wasn't an issue with the movie but an issue with Danny, he asked every person he came into contact with if interviewing this guy was a good idea & he tried to trace the e-mail address from which the appointment came to see who it belonged to & he wasn't able to yet he still continued on to meet with this man for his interview. If you are questioning a choice that you are making that much, you should walk away.

No comments: