"I Calls Em Like I Sees Em!"

May 30, 2008

30 Minute Terrorist?

So as annoying as Rachael Ray is I really don’t think she is a terrorist! Apparently some conservative ass hat freaked out after seeing the commercial in which she is wearing a hideous scarf claiming that her scarf too closely resembles that of Yassar Arafat & whatever “terrorist” type of group he was related with. I didn’t even watch the commercial because hearing her voice kind of makes me queasy but just by looking at the still you can clearly see that she is wearing a white scarf with black paisley and white fringe on it. I find this fairly amusing personally because people have nothing better to do with their time than watch commercials & make crazy allegations that a donut company is promoting terrorism! Does this not sound like something out of a Kevin Smith movie or something? I can see it now, Dante owns a donut shop & hires Rachael Ray (in her scarf) & she starts some sort of terrorist underground & these terrorists smuggle donuts overseas & sell them at a 50% mark up to fund their efforts to take over the world…one munchkin at a time. Personally the scarf offends me, it’s ugly & does not compliment her outfit in any way, not because she looks like a terrorist in it. I wonder if Dunkin Donuts will blame Rachael for her wardrobe choice or if they provided it for her, either way I’m totally E-V-O-Over the whole thing & the delightful Dunkin Donuts certainly hasn’t lost me as a customer, terrorist or not I love those double chocolate donuts with the sprinkles!

For the article go here- http://www.usmagazine.com/rachael-ray-ad-pulled-by-dunkin-donuts

No comments: