"I Calls Em Like I Sees Em!"

Mar 11, 2010

Best & Worst of the red carpet Oscars 2010

Hey guys, sorry it took so long for me to post this...I actually thought I already had!


First up are the guys...it's kind of hard to pick best & worst when it comes to the men because they all look the same to me but it was a toss up between these 2 fellas on the left here Quentin Tarantino & Robert Downey Jr.  Now, Quentin always looks like a big old freaking disaster so technically he looked pretty good at the Oscars but really not so much.  Downey on the other hand usually looks fairly dapper but this blue bowtie & tennis shoes is just tacky for the Oscars & I was very disappointed so I chose Downey as worst dressed male at the Oscars this year.

Now for best dressed fella...this one wasn't all that easy either!  It came down to these 2 guys, Ryan Reynolds & Tom Ford...both wearing tuxes by Tom Ford.  I thought Ryan looked very handsome & the tux fit like a glove, I like the classic style with a slight sheen to the fabric as well but I think I have to choose Tom Ford in Tom Ford as best dressed.  I mean, it's kind of hard to beat a menswear designer wearing his own design for best dressed but Ryan really did come close.  

Now for the good stuff!!!  Here are my picks for worst dressed female.
Charlize Cinnaboobs Theron, Zoe Saldana, and Diane Kruger...Zoe & Diane are both wearing looks fresh off of the runway & though they may look awesome on the runway at fashion week they aren't necessarily made for the bodies of these women. Diane looks like she's wearing a dress covered with those kleenex flowers (you know what I'm talking about?), Zoe's dress appears to have a dyed poodle on the bottom & well, Cinnaboobs speaks for itself.  I think my choice for worst is going to have to be Zoe...Cinnaboobs look stupid but at least the dress itself fits (though it's all wrinkled & looks kind of like a bridesmaid dress).  Zoe's dress is ill fitting & the dress isn't cohesive within itself...so odd.
Now on to the good part...my favorite fashions of the night.  I loved Elizabeth Banks in the gray dress, she looked stunning!  The watercolor print on Rachel McAdams' dress was so pretty, I loved the colors & the simplicity of the dress style as well, the color & print made it something different.  I also loved Kate Winslet's look though when I first saw her I thought she was wearing a pantsuit but once I realized she wasn't I fell in love.  The dress fit like a glove, her body looks amazing in it, her hair & jewelry was all perfect as well...as soon as I saw her I knew that she was my Best Dressed Female for the Oscars 2010.

No comments: