"I Calls Em Like I Sees Em!"

Jun 26, 2008

Come Join Detroitr!!


Hi All, My good friend Rob has just created a Detroit social networking site. His "about" info is below.This is an invite only site, so if anyone is interested (you can make your own profile and join groups like "Dearborn," or "Smalls." or create your own groups), please leave a comment with your email address and I will send you an invite! :)

Detroitr was created to address a major problem with the Detroit Area; a Social Network for the Detroit Metro Area. We were lacking a site where people can talk about everything Detroit. There are some sites that touch on this but always fall short when it comes to a community. We are going to focus on the community aspect and branch out from there.

If you find yourself wondering "I like the idea, but I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do!" I would suggest creating an account and then adding some pictures, videos (you can just link to youtube videos if you want), or post some comments in the forums. If you see something funny on a website post a link to it or save the picture and add it to the site. If you are aware of stuff going on around town make an event and add the information to it (these can also be set to private where only your friends can see it). The events function is actually pretty cool and is more intuitive than Evite. You could also create a group so that you and your friends can have a private area to share pictures and what not that you would rather the whole world not see. You can also start a blog to talk about your experiences in the Detroit Area.

The site is in the growing stages so you should expect to run into a problem here or there. I am currently working to add necessities to the website and once that is complete I will move back to focusing on some kind of true review system. Don’t expect it any time soon (unless I make a quick find), but know it is in the works.

There are two things I would like to stress about the site and myself. First and foremost have fun! Secondly please feel free to give suggestions which could improve everyone’s experience.

No comments: