"I Calls Em Like I Sees Em!"

Jun 22, 2008

Pregnant Teens

So what is up with these young teens making pregnancy pacts with their friends? Apparently this group of 17 girls from the Boston area (many under the age of 16) are all pregnant. The local teen health clinic noticed a rise in pregnancy tests & many girls being upset when they found out they weren't pregnant. Some girls were so excited when they found out they were that were jumping around giving each other high fives & planning baby showers. Are you freaking kidding me? At the age of 30 I'm capable of taking care of myself but a kid...hell no! I do a good job at keeping my plants alive but that's about all I can handle at this point. Now the worst part of all of it is that one of these freaking girls got pregnant by a 24 your old homeless man, HOMELESS man!! It would make a lot more sense to me if these girls were having babies with their boyfriends & trying to be all grown up, but a homeless man, that's freaking sick. You have no idea what you are getting yourself into, no idea of family &mental health history, they could have an STD, and I highly doubt he smelled all that great either. Sure, I don't blame the homeless man, shit some 16 your old girl wants to have sex with him so I'm sure he jumped to the challenge, god only knows how long it had been since he got laid. Regardless, the boys who have an actual identity could end up having charges pressed against them because it is illegal to have sex with anyone under the age of 16 in Mass. consensual or not. Now I'm sure Juno will be blamed, and Jamie Lynn Spears will be blamed but the bottom line is, it all comes down to the parenting...their parents obviously didn't instill self esteem in them, or they would have other plans for themselves, like college maybe? Also, please be reminded that in Juno, she didn't have the baby so that her & her friends could bond, she gave it away so she could have a future for herself, it was an accident not a plan. I just wonder what will be next & this just makes it even more clear why I don't want kids.

No comments: