"I Calls Em Like I Sees Em!"

Feb 23, 2009

Oscars Oscars Oscars!!!

Hey all, I'm sure you all watched the Oscars just like I did but I figured I'd let you in on my faves & the folks who scared me. Now during the show I thought to myself "wow, most everyone looks really good whatever will I write about tomorrow?" but now that I'm reviewing the pics there is plenty to say! As you will see below...these are the WORST of the WORST from last night & please notice that Mickey Rourke isn't pictured. He looked pretty bad but not bad enough to be labeled the worst so yay Mickey for staying off my list!!


The worst dressed of the night from Left to right: Sofia Loren, Miley Cyrus, Vanessa Hudgens, Beyonce, Reese Witherspoon, Phillip Seymour Hoffman. I can say as well that Whoopi Goldberg deserves an honorable mention...her dress wouldn't have been that bad if it weren't leopard print. Zac Efron also deserves a mention for being very poorly dressed & coiffed...he looked really bad.

Now for the Best!!
Ok so my favorite hair was Kate Winslet though a lot of folks hated it, my favorite jewels were Angelina with all her emeralds, I also loved Anne Hathaway's whole look though I didn't pick her as my fave. I thought Diane Lane looked hot as always & the best dressed couple were the Penn's.



As you can see my favorite gal was Natalie Portman & my favorite man was Brad Pitt. My only complaint about Natalie was that she looked orange as did a lot of people so even though it's not good for you I would like to suggest that the actors do go tanning as opposed to being airbrushed before a night like this one.

All in all I thought it was a great show, Hugh Jackman was funny & sweet & I have to say that I find him much more attractive now than I did before. I would like to say though that these damn things are just toooo long. We don't need to see clips of everything, all of these "past shows" montages are unnecessary, and a huge time waster. My favorite show is still the SAG awards...they are all about the actors & over in 2 hours. I know that the behind the scenes folks & directors & everyone involved deserves their moment in the spotlight & to be nominated & to win & all that good stuff but do we really need to see costume samples from every movie nominated? Nope, if we saw the movie we are aware & if we didn't we probably don't care so move it along!!

Oh, one final comment about the night...what's with Brangelina not talking to anyone? Tim Gunn chased them down just to tell them how gorgeous they are & Ryan Douchebag was lucky to get in 2 words to Brad & Angelina just ran away. Now, I would run away from Ryan too but Tim? Everyone loves Tim Gunn & would certainly stop to talk to him just to make sure that they look good & Brangelina should be no different. You guys are great but nobody is too cool to talk to Tim Gunn!!

One thing I forgot to mention, why doesn't Jessica Biel ever do her hair?

Bookmark and Share

No comments: