"I Calls Em Like I Sees Em!"

Nov 5, 2008

Annoyed

So let me complain about something that really gets on my nerves these days. Well, it’s always gotten on my nerves; not just lately but as of late it seems to be popping up more. So, I hate waiting on other people to my job. I send an email that is a simple yes or no question & I don’t get a response for 2 or 3 days so here I am sitting on some task waiting on someone else so I can finish it & I can’t stand that!! For example, I sent an email to someone Monday saying “do you want me to do this or that” and I didn’t hear back so I resent it on Tuesday and still no response so then I hear from their partner that they are pissed this isn’t completed yet; well guess what dude? So am I! This person who has not responded does this often then will get all up my ass wanting to know why this isn’t done & it’s always their lack of response that is holding up the job. So what do I do? Do I say, umm asshole, if you would have responded to my email this would have been done days ago? It is just extremely irritating to look in my inbox & see items in it that I can’t close out, I don’t like that at all!!!!! I also can’t stand the blame game and that’s not what I’m trying to play here but I’m just wondering if I should notify the partner of the person who is slacking so they don’t assume that I’m not doing my job or just let it go. What do you think?
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We had an email etiquette class at work. They recommended that you clearly state when you require a response. Then, if you don't get an answer you forward the email again with "SECOND REQUEST" in the subject line and then "THIRD REQUEST" if needed.

DVR Slave said...

Good idea Cee, that's what I used to do at my last job, I don't know why I don't do it now!