"I Calls Em Like I Sees Em!"

Nov 10, 2008

Rude Awakening



So here in the glorious mitten of Michigan we woke today with effing snow on the ground. Wendy called me last night to alert me to the snow falling & I notified Leslie right away...we were all disgusted but figured that it would be done before morning. So I awake today & assume that the snow will be melted but nope, it was actively snowing. My car was covered, the ground was not so it wasn't too bad but it was bad enough! Luckily I have a remote start on my car so I didn't have to clean it off or anything but it took me 40 minutes to get to work. Every single over pass/bridge/on-off ramp was covered in ice & there were at least 20 accidents this morning. Lucky for me I only hit 2 overpasses & never get on the freeway to get to work. I did have to wait quite a while just to get to Grand River but once I was on 10 mile traffic was clipping right along. I guess my big question is, why was no salt dropped on the overpasses & what not to prevent this from happening? I'm guessing it's because the dudes who do that for a living haven't started yet because it's WAY TOO EARLY for snow!!! I hate winter, I hate snow, I hate freezing rain & all the other bull shit that we get for about 8 months out of the year. Every year I say this will be my last winter here & I end up staying here anyway...I think it's high time to start looking for a transfer to a better climate!
Bookmark and Share

No comments: