"I Calls Em Like I Sees Em!"

Jul 29, 2008

A Big Thank You


I just wanted to extend a big thanks to my company for giving us gift cards for gas. While times are tough and gas prices are raping us all it really made my day to know that my company does recognize that it's employees are hurting. We have all been complaining about how these prices are affecting us & my biggest cut has been food & socializing. I used to buy way more fresh fruits and veggies and now I can no longer afford to do so. I also used to go out 1 night a week which I can no longer afford either. Having a free tank of gas will really help me to stock up on some food, pay other bills, and spend some time with my friends and family that have been neglected by me due to this rough economical climate. We had tried to get the office to go to a four day work week but that obviously was not feasible and receiving these gas cards just lets me know that making our concern known to management really did make a difference after all!! So if you are struggling at work to make ends meet because of the price of gas, maybe it won't hurt to voice your concern and see if your employer might be willing to help you out too. After all, a happy employee makes a healthy working environment!!

No comments: